Thursday, January 15, 2015

Student Centered Activities

One of the things I struggle with as a CI teacher is that as the primary input source, I tend to be the center of attention at all times in the class. I find that this is sometimes at odds with what I want to accomplish. For example, I don't just want my students to become proficient at Spanish but I also want them to learn and practice collaborative skills. Not to mention that the class can become very boring if I don't give up the reins every now and then. I've been searching for ways to make my lessons more student-centered and interactive, while at the same time providing valuable input, and came across this list of teaching strategies from the Facing History Website. There are some great activities listed and I'm hoping that it will serve as a refresher whenever I'm pulling my hair out thinking of creative ways for the students to engage with the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment