Saturday, June 7, 2014

Infographs

After reading this article in the New York Times about using infographs as teaching tools I decided to go in search of my own infographs en español for use in the classroom. This search led me to a wonderful collection by Alfredo Vela. It's a terrific source for infographs on just about everything ranging from humor to global warming. I also wanted to see how I could incorporate these into use for the classroom. So, using the Comprehensible Classroom's Common Core for State Standards Guide for developing reading comprehension questions, I tried my hand at developing some questions for an infograph describing illiteracy rates in Mexico.

Alfabetización en México

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the questions or any ideas for using infographs in general, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment