Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Organizadores Gráficos




As the year winds down (we still have two weeks in DC!) I've begun to organize all my materials in preparation for next year. One of the things I've noticed as a teacher is that I gravitate much more towards reading than storytelling (something I need to work on for next year) in my classroom. It makes me so happy to see a classroom of language learners engrossed in a Spanish novel!  Still, I want to make sure that my students are getting all they can from the reading and, if I can reinforce some of those English Language Arts standards in the process, well, why not?! As usual I began with an internet search of graphic organizers that help students organize, interpret, and analyze the text. Here are three of some of the nicest collections I found for free:

This collection from Pomperaug Regional School District in Connecticut contains over 35 organizers in both Spanish and English and include organizers for reading comprehension, vocabulary development, interpretive and analytical skills, and study habits.

The site Organizadores Graficos has loads of organizers in Spanish with nice, clear charts and they allow you to download them for free. The best part is that you can modify them to suit your students needs.

Finally, Eduplace has a nice collection of organizers with fun graphics (I work in a Middle School where were all about the graphics!).

However, not content to to NOT remake the wheel, I decided I'd try my hand at making some of my own. Using this simple, clear and fantastic tutorial on how to use Pages on a Mac by Alice Keeler, I created three organizers. The first is designed to have students express and support an opinion, the second is for making predictions and, the last, is for making sensory observations. I'm looking forward to using them in the classroom and would love to hear any suggestions others might have for using graphic organizers in the classroom.


Organizadores Graficos by AnnaHenderson

No comments:

Post a Comment