Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Perezosos / The Guardian

Ran into this guy in Costa Rica in 2007

I don't know how many people out there would agree with me on this but I believe that one of the greatest benefits of the "digital revolution" has been that the news has become interactive! I love the slideshows, videos, and blogs that online news sources provide. And none, in my opinion, is better at showcasing pictures from around the world than The Guardian.  Just check out today's selection!

I often try to incorporate these photos into lessons and earlier this year, right before we took the students to Costa Rica for spring break, I ran across the cutest slideshow I've seen to date on the website... Sloths! (Please click on this link. It's guaranteed to put a smile on the face of even the most exhausted teacher!) I put the photos in a PPT and used them as a basis for a discussion about what sloths ate, where they lived, etc. but, I really wanted to accompany it with a reading.

Well, I finally got around to it and you can download it below. It fits perfectly into our unit on Costa Rica and the environment and I'm looking forward to using it next year.

Of course, you can always extend the lesson with a little Movietalk:

No comments:

Post a Comment